The Georgian Bay Cycle For Hope, previously referred to as Cycle Camelot, is the Georgian Bay Cancer Support Centre’s largest and most important annual fundraiser, having raised more than $400,000. Now in its eleventh year, the ride will bring together riders from throughout the Georgian Bay area and across the province to cycle in support of those battling cancer in our community.
The GBCSC is the first rural cancer support Centre in Ontario providing emotional, physical, social, spiritual and educational support for people affected by cancer.
On August 20th individuals are invited to ride our beautiful trails and country roads. The fundraising efforts from this event go towards providing all of the following and more to those affected by cancer within our community:
- Psychosocial group support and therapy programs
- Individual counselling and support services
- Financial assistance for treatment-related travel and accommodation expenses
- Information and education workshops
- Exercise and wellness programs
- 7 Spiritual growth and healing programs
- Cancer-related nutritional support
…and most importantly, a place to be surrounded by a people who can love, support, and understand one another